Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Home > Slam Door EMUs

Albums

IMG_3216_28Large29.JPG
111 files, last one added on Nov 05, 2015
1 albums on 1 page(s)

Random files - Slam Door EMUs

IMG_0008_28800x52429.jpg
Class 304, 020 at Manchester Piccadilly.2 viewsStill in 4-Car formation, Class 304 emu, 020 awaits departure from Manchester Piccadilly whilst working from Altrincham to Alderley Edge in September 1979.
3-6-2010_007_28800x54129.jpg
Class 501 at Broad Street.6 viewsLondons lost terminus. Two 3-Car London District class 501s stand at Broad Street on the 22nd October 1979. Driving Motor Brake Second M75150 is nearest the camera. The station was opened by the North London Railway in 1865, and one platform survived the demolition of the terminus in November 1985, the remaining single platform finally closing in June 1986 bringing the curtain down on 121 years of railway activity. The class 501s were replaced by Class 313s in 1985.
IMG_0075_28Custom29.jpg
Blue 4-Vep 3417 at Brockenhurst.1 viewsReturned to 1967 blue livery, South West Trains 4-Vep 3417 -'Gordon Pettitt', stands at Brockenhurst with the 17.05 to Wareham on August 21st 2004. The unit survived the cull of the last Class 423 4-Veps in 2005, and now is in the care of the Bluebell Railway.
IMG_0018_28Custom29~4.jpg
Class 504 M77178 at Woodlands Road.1 viewsWith some of the recently installled masts ready for the conversion of the Manchester-Bury line to the Metrolink system visible in the background, Class 504 Driving Trailer M77178 pauses briefly at the concrete platforms of Woodlands Road with a Bury to Manchester Victoria service on July 13th 1991. Situated in the Cheetam Hill district the station was opened by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway in 1913.

IMG_0017_28Custom29~2.jpg
Class 504 M65459 + M77180 arrive at Crumpsall.1 viewsOn the last day of Class 504 operation between Manchester Victoria and Crumpsall, with new signals and posts for the overhead wires in place, M65459 + M77180 arrive at Crumpsall with a Manchester Victoria to Bury service on July 13th 1991. Buses would replace trains to enable conversion work to continue on the line ready for the Metrolink Trams. The Class 504s would still run between Crumpsall and Bury until August.
IMG_0064_28Custom29~3.jpg
Class 421/3, 4-CIG 1743 calls at New Milton.0 viewsIn Connex South Central livery, 4-CIG 1743 calls at New Milton in the early stages of its journey with the 08.45 Bournemouth to Gatwick Airport service on May 29th 1998. These were the last few years for the class on main line duties, this particular unit was withdrawn in February 2005.
IMG_0069_28Custom29~0.jpg
3-CEP 1198 Departs from Brockenhurst.0 viewsWith Autumn colours evident in the trees, 3-CEP 1198 -'Lymington Linda' glides away from Brockenhurst at the start of its 5.6 mile journey to Lymington Pier on October 15th 2004. 1198 was dedicated to Lymington Branch services from June to December 2004 when it was replaced by another 3-CEP, 1199 -'Lymington Lisa'.
IMG_3221_28Large29.JPG
Class 308 Driving Trailer 75881 (308136) - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.2 viewsFormer West Yorkshire class 308 driving trailer 75881 from set 308136 is being restored at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton, seen on September 13th 2015. This is the sole surviving class 308 vehicle.

Last additions - Slam Door EMUs

IMG_3216_28Large29.JPG
Ex South Tyneside EPB 5793 - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.2 viewsThe last surviving EPB unit built in 1954 for the South Tyneside electrified lines has been saved for posterity at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton close to Coventry Airport seen on September 13th 2015. When the Tyneside system was de-electrified in 1963, the 15 units were transferred to the Southern Region to join the similar EPB fleet already in service. The Tyneside units had a larger brake van area and were fitted with a smaller headcode window in the cab fronts.
Nov 05, 2015
IMG_3210_28Large29.JPG
2-HAP 4311 (61287) - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.0 viewsWith Kent Coast branding on its Network South East livery, 2-HAP 4311 was on display at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton on September 13th 2015. The two-car unit was built at Eastleigh in 1958.
This and the other views were taken on an early morning visit to the museum, when the volunteers here kindly let me gain access before the official opening time. If your ever in the area when the museum is open, pay them a visit and give them some support. The collection is unique and well worth a look.
Nov 05, 2015
IMG_3207_28Large29.JPG
2-HAP 4311 - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.0 viewsIn Network South East livery, 2-HAP 4311 is one of the many exhibits on display at the Electric Railway Museum at Bagington near to Coventry Airport, seen on September 13th 2015.Nov 05, 2015
IMG_3221_28Large29.JPG
Class 308 Driving Trailer 75881 (308136) - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.2 viewsFormer West Yorkshire class 308 driving trailer 75881 from set 308136 is being restored at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton, seen on September 13th 2015. This is the sole surviving class 308 vehicle.Nov 05, 2015

IMG_3206_28Large29.JPG
Class 307 Driving Trailer 75023 - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton.1 viewsThe sole surviving class 307 driving trailer 75023, has been restored to BR blue livery at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton near to Coventry Airport, seen on September 13th 2015. Other class 307 driving trailers were converted to PCVs for Rail Express Systems mail and parcel trains.Nov 05, 2015
IMG_3198_28Large29.JPG
Clacton Class 309 Driving Trailer 75642 - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton.1 viewsRestored externally to London & South East livery, Clacton class 309 driving trailer 75642 is one of two former Clacton EMUs in the collection of the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton. September 13th 2015.Nov 05, 2015
IMG_3192_28Large29.JPG
4-SUB 4732 - Electric Railway Museum, Baginton, Coventry.1 viewsThe last surviving 4-SUB unit, 4732 at the Electric Railway Museum at Baginton near to Coventry Airport on September 13th 2015. The four coach EMU was built to a Southern Railway design at Eastleigh in 1951.Nov 05, 2015
IMG_0091_28Large29.jpg
Class 504, M77177 at Bury Depot.1 viewsClass 504s gather at Bury Depot on February 15th 1979. The nearest car is Driving Trailer Second M77177, one of 26 similar cars built at Wolverton in 1959.Mar 16, 2015

Choose your language: